Full User Manual
- Instruction Guide
- Power Options
- Instructional Videos
- Quick Guide
- Warning & Caution
① Center & place the device at face level
Place the device so the small circle is level with your forehead. The device can be attached via double-sided tape or the included magnet. Please see 'Installation' for more details.
② Power Options
When using batteries, turn the power switch to the up position. The power switch is located on the upper right side of the device. If you are using a USB-Type B cable, please leave the power switch in the down position. When you first turn it on, an alarm will sound 3 times and the LED will turn red and then blue. The LED will then turn off.
③ Wait 15 minutes for the automatic calibration.
When you first turn on the device, the thermal sensor will calibrate to the surrounding temperature within 15 minutes. Although you may use the device before that, there is an increased risk of inaccuracy. Please use with caution.
When the power is on, the device operates as follows:
|While active||The center LED flashes blue once every 60 seconds.|
|Upon low battery||3 audible alert sounds mean the battery is low. Please
change the batteries. Full batteries typically allow for
300 hours of continuous use.
If your body temperature is too low, the LED will not activate. Please wait for your body temperature to rise. Long hair, glasses, and masks that cover the forehead may prevent an accurate body temperature from being taken. Uncover your forehead to insure an accurate temperature reading.
Mounting via magnet
The back side of the device is fitted with a high-powered magnet embedded in the center. When placing the magnet, be careful not to pinch your fingers. The product is shipped with the embedded magnet and double-sided tape. When using the magnet for attachment, please do not remove the tape.
Mounting via double-sided tape
When installing via double-sided tape, be sure to clean the surface for dust, oil or grime prior to installation. If dust, oil or grime are not removed sufficiently prior to installment, the device may fall. Please use with caution.
Power via Batteries
Slide the device up to access the battery casing and insert 4 x AA batteries. Turn on the power switch to activate the device.
Power via micro-USB
With the power switch turned off, insert a micro-USB Type-B cable into the micro-USB port. Micro-USB cable is not included.
Thermogate Zero Full Instructional Video
What is Thermogate Zero?
Where to put Thermogate Zero
How To Use It
Suitable Usage Environments
- Product Name
- THERMOGATE ZERO
- Width x Height x Depth: 3.35" x 4.33 " x 0.91" (85mm x 110mm x 23mm)
- Measurement method
- Infrared sensor (Manufactured by OMRON)
- Detection Distance
- 12-20 inches
- 0.5 kgs / ~1.1 lbs
- Four AA batteries or via Micro-USB Type-B
- ABS Plastic
- Permissible air temperature and humidity range
- 41-122℉ (5-50℃), 20-85% (no freezing or condensation)
- Detectable body temperature range and precision
- 95-107.6℉, ±0.9℉ at 77.0℉ room temperature (35.0-42.0℃, ±0.5℃ at 25℃ room temperature)
- Country of Origin
* For product improvement purposes, specs and design may change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can this device be used outdoors？
Using this device outdoors may cause a large increase in the margin of error for detection. The device is not waterproof or water resistant and may be damaged by moisture. Using the device indoors out of direct sunlight in a room with a temperature ranging from 77.0 to 82.4℉ (25 to 28℃) is recommended.
Can this device be used indoors at temperatures of 86.0℉ (30℃) and above？
The recommended temperature range for indoor use is 77.0 to 82.4℉ (25 to 28℃). If the environmental temperature is significantly higher or lower than this range, it may cause an increase in the margin of error for detection.
How long does it take the THERMOGATE ZERO to measure temperatures？
Detection time is approximately 0.5 seconds. If you want to make sure the measurements are especially precise, we recommend standing still in front of the unit for at least one second.
What is the appropriate distance from the device for measurement？
Stand 12 to 20 inches (30 to 50 cm) away from the device for measurement.
Can the temperatures of multiple people be measured at the same time？
Unfortunately, no. Please measure each person’s temperature one at a time.
How many hours can the device be continuously used for?
When using alkaline batteries, the device can run with the power continuously on (24 hours a day) for around 12 days (approximately 300 hours). Actual performance may vary depending on environmental conditions.
Can temperature records be saved?
This device does not save any measurement records.
Can the detection temperature settings be changed?
The detection temperature cannot be changed.
Why do I hear a continuous beeping sound from the device?
This means the batteries are low. Please change them soon!
Why doesn’t the blue LED turn on sometimes?
During colder seasons, the colder temperatures may lead to a body temperature below the allowed minimum detection level of 95℉ (35℃), and the blue LED may not light up. It will light up once every 60 seconds when operating normally. Please move the device to a warmer area if this is not the case.
The red LED turns on and the alarm sounds when no one is in front of the device. What’s happening?
If the device is pointed at a window, mirror, or reflective surface that is exposed to heat such as sunlight, the device may be attempting to measure this heat source as a person. Please move the device to a different location or place it at a different angle.
Can the device measure temperature through clothing?
The device measures the temperature of the surface of the skin, so measurements cannot be taken through clothing. Using the exposed forehead is recommended for measurements – this allows for masks to be kept on as well. Please be sure to place the device at an appropriate face-level.
Why does the device turn off when I use a mobile battery to power it over USB?
This device uses a low-power current, so some mobile batteries automatically cut off power to these kinds of devices. Please use an IoT compatible mobile battery instead.
Can I return this product?
We do not accept returns for any reason other than a defective device. For more information, please refer to our return policy page.
- This device is for detecting the possibility of fevers and is not an authorized medical device. It does not confirm nor deny an individual may be infected with a disease or illness.
- This device contains a strong magnet which may interfere with implanted medical electronic devices such as a cardiac pacemaker. It may impair the normal operation of medical devices and prove fatal. Please use with caution.
- Do not attempt to open or repair the device.
- Keep out of reach of children. Small parts may present a choking hazard.
- Portable and mobile RF communication equipment should not be used close to this product. Doing so may lead to inaccurate temperature readings. Please use caution.
- It is recommended that individuals who are detected with a high fever (via the red LED and alarm sound) visit a medical facility for measurement with a precise medical thermometer.
- If your forehead is covered by hair or other materials, the device may be unable to accurately detect the surface temperature in some cases.
- The usable temperature and humidity ranges are 41 to 122℉ (5 to 50℃), 20 to 85% (no freezing or condensation). The operation of this device outside these parameters is not guaranteed.
- Do not place the device inside of vehicles or in damp, dusty, smoky or oily places; avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not drop or strike the device; handle with care.
- Remove any dirt with a soft, dry cloth.
- The device is not waterproof. Avoid rain, snow, high-humidity, and water-prone areas.
- The magnet located within the device may render credit cards, cash cards, floppy disks, digital devices and other magnetically sensitive objects inoperable. Please keep such belongings away from the device.